Director of Advancement
Director of Advancement
The Director of Advancement is a full-time, salaried, on-site position, which reports to the President of Mercy McAuley. The Director of Advancement is the chief development and major gift fundraising officer for the school. In collaboration with the President of Mercy McAuley, the Director develops a comprehensive fundraising program for private support from individuals (including but not limited to alumnae), as well as organizations, corporations, and foundations. The Director will be responsible for building a culture of giving, with particular emphasis on major gift development, as well as for the leadership of the advancement team and program.
The Director develops strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors for all approved fundraising priorities of the school and others when appropriate. The Director is a professional fundraising generalist with management and leadership responsibilities. His/her fundraising portfolio will consist of a wide range of constituents and is primarily responsible for securing major gifts from donors.
Supervision: The Director will supervise the Manager of Annual Giving & Alumnae Engagement and the Advancement Associate.
Required Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; some graduate school and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in fundraising, including managing a department.
- Strong sense of ethical conduct and the ability to maintain the highest level of integrity of confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a limited basis, nights and weekends are expected.
- Proven record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills – major attention to detail
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Administration, staff, faculty, & volunteers.
- Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with fundraising database software such as Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Experience in secondary or higher education or hospital/healthcare development strongly preferred.
- Awareness of trends & issues in philanthropy.
- Practicing Catholic
All interested candidates should support the teachings of the Catholic church, Mercy values, & the mission and vision of Mercy McAuley High School. To apply, please submit the application FOUND HERE to Bonica Voss, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title you are applying for in the subject field of the email. Thank you!