As part of the school's annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, the Mercy McAuley community collected over 5,600 food items and over $5,000 in cash, creating 251 Thanksgiving meals. The meals were donated to Mercy Neighborhood Ministries and Christ's Community Church. We are so proud of our school community for its commitment to service!
If you're looking for a gift for your Wolf or Wolf fan, shop our online spirit wear sale HERE. All items in the online sale are different from what is in the actual Spirit Shop at school. We've also added some legacy school items for any Mother of Mercy or McAuley alumnae who would like to order. These legacy school items are only available online and will only be available as part of this online Christmas sale. In order to receive your purchases before Christmas, ALL SALES MUST BE MADE BY THE END OF THE DAY DECEMBER 1! There will not be any extensions. All sales are final; no returns or exchanges. Orders can be shipped to school for free or to your home for a charge.
Extended Holiday Hours - The Spirit Shop at school will have some extended hours over the coming weeks to give everyone some extra shopping time! Please take note of the hours below. Also, be sure to follow our Spirit Shop on Instagram @mercymcauleyspiritshop to see the latest items for sale.
Normal Hours (When school is in session.)
- Tuesdays: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 3 - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Noon - 1 p.m.
- Fridays: 7:30 - 8 a.m.
- Thursday, 12/5: 5 - 8 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/8: Noon - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12/10: 5 - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, 12/12: 4 - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 12/18: 4 - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 12/21: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Monday, 12/23: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Congratulations to the following student athletes, who on November 13, 2019, signed National Letters of Intent to play sports in college!
- Nicole Belanger - Volleyball, Wittenberg University
- Paige Kalkhoff - Sand Volleyball, Florida International University
- Lexi Fleming - Basketball, Bowling Green State University
- Ashley Tudor - Basketball, Radford University
- Alex Smith - Basketball, Valdosta State University
- Rachel Kyle - Lacrosse, Seton Hill University
- Kelli Fortman - Lacrosse, Akron University
- Lucy Stedam - Lacrosse, Siena Heights University
- Elizabeth Conway - Soccer, Ohio Dominican University
Congratulations to senior Marie Specker, who won first place in the Selections 2019 Art Exhibition at The Studio San Giuseppe Art Gallery at Mount St. Joseph University for her colored pencil drawing titled "Christmas Nightmare." Marie's award comes with a $5,000 renewable scholarship. The artwork of senior Claire Farrow and junior Sydney Schoenling will also be showcased in the exhibition, which is on display now through December 6. Selections 2019 is the 19th and the region's longest continuously running, biennial exhibition of art work created by talented regional high school students as selected by their equally dedicated art teachers. We are so proud of Marie, Claire and Sydney, and our art teachers, Mrs. Natalie Fischer and Ms. Bailey Pearce!
On October 30, thirty-one Mercy McAuley students donated their hair to Locks of Love. The entire student body participated in the festivities, where we honored and prayed for all those who are affected by cancer. Seniors Emma Wessel and Grace Buchanan planned the event, which will become an annual tradition at Mercy McAuley!