Class of 2025 (Current 8th Graders)
We offer many ways for 8th grade students and families to explore all that Mercy McAuley has to offer! Be sure to mark your calendar for these events, along with the important steps that are part of the admissions process. We are here to help you through the process and are happy to answer any questions you may have!
How to explore Mercy McAuley! (Click HERE for a printable flyer.)
- Shadow Day - Click HERE to schedule a Shadow Day and to learn more about our new Shadow Day format! Shadow Days begin in October. Full-day and half-day options are available. We are also exploring virtual Shadow Day options.
- Parent Coffee Sessions - Eighth grade parents are invited to learn more about Mercy McAuley from our school leaders in a small conversational setting. These sessions take place from 8 - 9:30 a.m. on our full-day Shadow Days, which makes it convenient for parents who are dropping their 8th grader off to shadow. Click HERE to register and for more information.
- Parent/Daughter Mini Sessions - This option is designed for 8th grade families who would like their daughter to experience Mercy McAuley on a school day, but for a shorter time period than a Shadow Day. Click HERE for more information.
- Parent Information Nights - Eighth grade parents are invited to attend one of our Parent Information Nights, where they can learn more about Mercy McAuley directly from the perspectives of our school leaders, teachers and students. Virtual and in-person options are available. Click HERE for more information and to register.
- Wolves Experience Night - Eighth grade students are invited to our Wolves Experience Night on October 23, 2020! This is a great option for 8th grade students who are unable to attend a Shadow Day or who want to explore Mercy McAuley outside of a normal school day. Click HERE for more information and to register.
- Open House - Prospective families are invited to our Open House on Sunday, November 8, 2020. This year, due to COVID-19, registration is required. Click HERE for more information.
Admissions Process - Important Deadlines (Click HERE for a printable flyer.)
*Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati has waived the 2020 high school entrance and placement test for current 8th grade students; therefore, the test will not be offered this year. Mercy McAuley will review students' elementary school records, including standardized test scores and report cards, along with the Admissions Application and essays, as part of the admissions process.
- November 1, 2020 - Submit the Records Release Form to your grade school by this date. This form should be obtained from your daughter's grade school.
- November 21, 2020 - Admissions Application Deadline. A completed Admissions Application must be submitted to be considered for admission to Mercy McAuley. Click HERE for the link to the application. The application includes two essays; one to be written by the student, and one to be written by the parent(s). There is space to type your essays within the admissions application form.
- November 21, 2020 - FACTS Financial Aid Application Deadline. To be considered for financial aid, you must submit the FACTS Financial Aid Application. There is a one-time non-refundable fee of $30 to submit the FACTS application.
- November 21, 2020 - Catherine McAuley Scholarship & Spirit Scholarship Application Deadline. Incoming freshmen are invited to apply for these one-year scholarships. For more information, click the links below:
More Important Dates!
January 13, 2021 - Mailing Day! Admissions acceptance packets, including scholarship and financial aid awards, will be mailed on this day.
January 24, 2021 - Scholarship Recognition Celebration! Eighth grade students who have been awarded a scholarship will be invited to a special recognition celebration with their parents where we will honor their achievements.
January 27, 2021 - Commitment Day! You're officially a Wolf! Complete the Registration Form on this day to officially commit to being a Wolf, and celebrate at our Commitment Day festivities!
We are happy to answer any of your questions! Contact Alli Miazga, Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or 681-1800 x2272.