Shadow Day Registration
We invite 8th grade students to experience Mercy McAuley firsthand by scheduling a Shadow Day! On your Shadow Day, you’ll spend a day with a Mercy McAuley student Ambassador. You’ll experience her classes, teachers and schedule firsthand. You’ll meet other Mercy McAuley students and get a sense for what it’s like to be a Wolf. We’ll answer any questions you may have throughout the day, and best of all, you’ll have fun being a Wolf for a day!
Complete the Shadow Registration Form Below
To register for your Shadow Day at Mercy McAuley, please complete the form below. We look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions, please contact Alli Miazga, Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Shadow Day lasts from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Students should arrive no later than 7:45 a.m.
- To ensure every student’s shadow day is as personalized as possible, no more than 20 students will shadow in one day. Once a shadow date is full, it will be removed from the list of dates below.
- You will receive an email from Alli Miazga, Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator, a few days prior to your Shadow Day to confirm your scheduled day.
- We prefer to host 8th grade students on the shadow dates listed in the drop-down menu below. However, if you need to request a date that is not listed, we will be happy to work with you to accommodate your schedule. Please contact Alli Miazga to request a date that is not listed below.
- We will make every effort possible to accommodate requests to shadow specific students.
- 8th graders should be dropped off and picked up at our main doors, underneath the stained glass windows. Parents may park on the left side of the circle and come in with their daughter if they wish, but it is not required. Alli Miazga, Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator, will greet you in the main lobby.
- Please arrange your shadow day at least one week in advance to make it as personalized as possible.
- A free lunch will be provided.
- Wear comfortable clothes. (You do not have to wear your grade school uniform.) We would love to see you in Mercy McAuley spirit wear if you have any.
- Snow days – Mercy McAuley does not follow Northwest Local School District; we make our own decisions for closings and delays. In the event of inclement weather, please watch our web site and social media sites for any notices regarding closures and/or delays.
On the Shadow Day, parents of the 8th grade students who are shadowing that day are invited (but not required) to attend a 30-minute informal session with the school’s President, Patty Ragio, and Principal, Connie Kampschmidt, from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m. This session provides 8th grade parents with an opportunity to meet and talk with school leaders, and ask any questions. Light refreshments will be served. Parents who wish to attend this session are asked to RSVP on the form below when registering their daughter for her Shadow Day.
The person submitting this form acknowledges she/he is one of the following: (i) at least 13 year of age; (ii) has obtained parental/guardian consent; or (iii) is a parent/guardian.