Our food service provider is W.g. Grinders.
As part of the 2020-21 school year, W.g. Grinders will be meeting all County Health Requirements, including:
- Daily temperature checks for all employees
- Face coverings required at all times
- Sanitizing before, after, and between lunches with approved food safe sanitizer
- All food individually packaged for each student
W.g. Grinders also offers an easy way for students to pay for their lunch through a lunch account. Parents may put money into their daughter's lunch account, and the student's ID badge will be swiped when paying for lunch. There are two ways you can put money into your daughter's lunch account:
1) Click on the SDS EZ Pay link above and pay with a credit card. There is a $2 convenience fee every time money is loaded into the account.
2) Have your daughter bring a check (made payable to W.g. Grinders) to the cafeteria staff, and please note your daughter's lunch account number on the check. Your daughter's lunch account number is her Student ID, followed by 01. In the event she loses her student ID and a new one is issued, her lunch account number will be her student ID, followed by 02.
There are several advantages to using the SDS EZ pay web site:
- W.g. Grinders is offering a 15% "Grinder Bonus Bucks" opportunity for all families who load their student's accounts between August 3 - August 21, 2020. Accounts can be loaded via check (sent to the school) or at the EzPay link above. Note: Grinder Bonus Bucks have no cash value and are only available for use in the cafeteria.
- You can view current balances and meal transactions
- You will receive emails notifying you when your balance gets below $10.
- Students do not need to have cash with them for lunch.
Since students do not have their ID badges until a few weeks into the school year, a keypad will be available at the lunch line for students who wish to pay using their lunch account. They will simply type in their Student ID number, followed by 01. It is important that all students know their Student ID number. Once the student ID badges are available, they will simply swipe their badge to pay.
If you do not wish to put money into your daughter's lunch account, she can still pay with cash at the lunch line. Most total meals, including a beverage, run about $4 -$6.